All accidents are preventable. That’s our philosophy, and to deliver on it we:
- Provide a safe work environment
- Training and work systems required for employees to carry out their work safely
- Comply with all safety and laws and regulations as a minimum
- Maintain and continually develop our Health & Safety System
- Measure system effectiveness
- Continuously demonstrate improved health & safety performance
- Tools such as 5S, reporting unsafe acts and conditions, and ergonomic assessments are all used in the pursuit of the ZERO accident philosophy
Canplas is committed to protecting our environment by adhering to the fundamentals of 3R programs (Recover, Recycle, Re-use) and by continually improving our manufacturing process. We’re actively involved in our industry, within government regulating bodies and with organizations tasked with developing standards and setting industry codes.
As a plastics producer we reduce and recycle all process waste. We’ve developed many newer hot runner molds that have zero process waste, and are now reusing plastic waste in the form of purges and dust back into the process. Canplas recognizes its responsibility and is continually striving to reduce the environmental impact of the work we do and the products we create.